Intermediate Architectural Technologist – Toronto/Calgary
At Kirkor we work with others in a way that sets us up for collective success. We provide the tools, training and technology for our team and coworkers to harness their potential and maximize their growth. Each project team is led with a diverse set of skills and knowledge that propel projects and careers forward. Your success is determined by your eagerness to learn, share, and take advantage of the opportunities to develop new skills at any given stage of a project. On your career path with us, you will learn how to ask effective questions that gain foresight on issues, orchestrate information into comprehensive action plans, and into complex, sustainable and economically viable projects. Our tried and true method of encouraging lifelong learning has rewarded us with 40 years of quality relationships, longstanding referrals and practiced leadership, and we take pride in continuing to mentor the next generation of professionals in the architecture industry.
We are seeking an Intermediate Architectural Technologist, who will support our Project Architects, Project Lead or Associates. With more than 6 years’ working experience with residential high-rise, mixed use, or low-rise projects you will clearly understand how to prepare and review black line drawings, create and modify site instructions, review and draft construction drawing details, or review or prepare construction shop documents for submittals and other tender documents. You should have a high level skill with Revit and a good working knowledge of the building code plus a strong understanding of developing buildings through drawings. Applicants should have strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills and come with an eagerness to learn.
• Prepare black line drawings for marketing.
• Draw construction details and dimensioning of floor plans.
• Experience with building envelope detailing.
• Prepare construction documents for building permit and tender documents.
• Prepare and revise site instruction documents and sketches.
• Coordinate and review architectural and consultant drawings.
• Thorough knowledge of building systems and detailing
• Solid knowledge of the Building Code
• Excellent working drawings and Revit skills
Graduate of a recognized Architectural Technology diploma program.
• Working knowledge and experience with the Building Code.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• High level of skill with REVIT required.
• Experience with Adobe suites, Photoshop, and Illustrator is a definite asset.
• Solid organizational, analytical, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills.
Kirkor is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants to apply. Accommodation can be made available during the interview and selection process, please contact us if any accommodation is requested. We thank all candidates for their application, but we may only be able to respond to candidates selected for interviews.
To Apply please e-mail us at email@example.com and include in the subject OAA – Intermediate Arch. Tech., and include your CV, portfolio, and/or project work list for our review.