Intern Architect – Toronto/Calgary
At Kirkor we work with others in a way that sets us up for collective success. We provide the tools, training and technology for our team and coworkers to harness their potential and maximize their growth. Each project team is led with a diverse set of skills and knowledge that propel projects and careers forward. Your success is determined by your eagerness to learn, share, and take advantage of the opportunities to develop new skills at any given stage of a project. On your career path with us, you will learn how to ask effective questions that gain foresight on issues, orchestrate information into comprehensive action plans, and into complex, sustainable and economically viable projects. Our tried and true method of encouraging lifelong learning has rewarded us with 40 years of quality relationships, longstanding referrals and practiced leadership, and we take pride in continuing to mentor the next generation of professionals in the architecture industry.
• Design and refine projects under guidance of Partner/Project Lead
• Prepare and coordinate designs for Rezoning Submissions, and Site Plan Approvals or Development Permit Submissions
• Prepare presentations for meetings with city staff, Urban Design Review Panel, and Public Consultation Meetings. Attend consultation meetings to gain understanding of client and community requirements.
• Prepare design drawings for client review, including floor plans, elevation and section drawings, 3D massing studies, shadow studies, calculation of project statistics.
• Design and revise suite layouts
• Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture (working towards Internship).
• Preferred 3-5+ years’ experience, preferably in residential midrise/high-rise, and mixed-use developments, wood construction/detailing considered an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and/or the Alberta Building Code.
• LEED accreditation, or working towards, an asset.
• High level of skill with Revit required.
• Experience with Adobe Suites, Photoshop, or Illustrator is expected.
• Working experience with Lumion, Vray or other software is an asset.
• Solid organizational skills, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
Kirkor is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants to apply. Accommodation can be made available during the interview and selection process, please contact us if any accommodation is requested. We thank all candidates for their application, but we will only be able to respond to candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject Indeed – Intern Architect, and include your CV, portfolio, and/or project work list for our review.